Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First Day Down Under

Our first sunrise in Australia was a beauty! This picture was taken from the cab. Our journey here was uneventful. It was, of course, a very long trip -- about 30 hours from Tim's apartment to ours. All went well with the flights. I watched about 5 hours of "Modern Family" on the long flight on V Australia plus a couple of movies. Was fed twice and slept about 6 hours. The premium economy seats were definitely worth having. Heard "no worries" said quite a bit by our Aussie flight attendants.
Yesterday we spent the day with Jim and Sandra Frederickson who've been here for about 5 years. They took us to several specialty grocery stores. Boy, things here cost soooo much more than at home. 
Last night I slept about 10 hours and feel much better this morning. Sandra's picking me up soon and we're going to set out to do some more errands and exploring. It's great to have a friend with a car!
One thing I must do today is get the correct adaptors so I can recharge this computer.

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous sunrise -- I love the hot air balloon up there! I'm glad it all went well on your way there. Can't wait to hear more about your days and see more pics!

    ReplyDelete