Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our 3 Male Street Apartment


We're very happy with our apartment. There are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Twice a week they bring fresh towels and do a mini cleaning and once a week they change bed sheets and do a thorough cleaning, so I'm getting to be a lady of leisure as far as housework goes. Cooking here for me is kind of tricky because I don't have an especially well equipped kitchen (too bad there aren't cooks to go along with those housekeepers:). I'd considered doing a Thanksgiving dinner the week Scott and Milena are here, but sorry guys, that may not happen because of my lack of the right pans and ingredients. Plus, I saw a $68 turkey in the grocery store the other day! The range in prices of food is crazy. I bought bananas when I was with Sandra for $1 per kg and a day later saw them in a store for $3.99 per kg.  If we had a car we could drive further out and possibly find better deals, but I checked into renting a car for the 2 months we're here and it would be well over $4,000. The price of gas is high too -- between $4 and $5 a gallon. Joe tells me I need to stop marveling over the high costs of things here. One more example: I saw Baskin Robbins ice cream cones for $4.60 for a one scoop cone. I guess I need to just pretend it's Monopoly money.

No comments:

Post a Comment