Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Nutcracker (WARNING: gushing alert!)

OH MY!!!! I have NEVER seen a more magical stage production in my life! I sat on the 7th row right in the center and I was in heaven. It truly was the most beautiful show -- everything was perfect (well, almost everything).  I was close enough to see the small fire that occurred on stage early in the show. What happened was when Drosselmeyer, the magician, appeared on stage for the first time, it was with a bit of fireworks. He moved into the front of the set and a spark from the fireworks started a fire. I watched the faces of the performers closest to the back where the fire was, and there was just the teeniest little glance. The curtain closing off that part of the set, which was the dining room, closed and I heard two quick blasts of a fire extinguisher. Not long after, that little curtain was opened and everything looked fine. Joe, seated in the balcony, never even noticed.
We paid a small fortune to go to this show, but it was worth every penny! I didn't want the show to end.
This is a picture I took of a page in the program.  No photography allowed in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment