Monday, December 6, 2010

Sydney Opera House and Bridge






What an amazing building! We were able to buy tickets for the Nutcracker which is in the large concert hall. We had tried online several days ago and nothing was available so we bought tickets for a play instead in one of the smaller rooms, but when we got here, we went to the box office and got 2 single seats. Too bad I can't sit next to Joe but at least we get to see something in that huge, beautiful space. Of course, since I didn't think we were going to anything "grand" I didn't bring my one nice dress with me from Melbourne. Oh well . . .
We had really wanted to do the bridge climb, but it's $200 per person!! And that price doesn't even include the photo they take of you from the top. I can understand why they don't let you bring your own camera because if it's dropped on the windshield of a car, that would not be good. Another oh well . . .
One thing we did do was a speed boat trip through the harbor. That was quite fun! We got wet and wind blown but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment